Wednesday, 5 August 2009

Amy Hauschild


I talked about Amy and her lovely bat brooches a while a go. They will be added to the website soon, once i do the new jewellery and accessories page. Amy sent me her lovely picture today and some profile info in readiness for me to build her page. I love this picture of her surrounded by her lovely embroidered chairs. I WISH i could have her chairs in the shop, but getting them from Denmark could be tricky!!

Let me tell you a little more about her. Me and Amy met at art college in Dewsbury years ago when we were doing our pre-foundation course. Then she met her the lovely Christian who is Danish and they married and moved to Denmark a few years ago. She is inspired by the nature in the garden and pond which her home studio overlooks. Her machine embroideries of animals, plants and everyday situations embody her naturally quirky sense of fun. Aswell as her brooches that I have at Radiance, and her chairs that you see in the photo, she has also made a series of living environments for her bat creatures - they have their own story to tell if you let your imagination run wild. You can see them here on her website.


This is Lacy Doris in her bat box. She has a real light and eveything!!!

No comments: